Change of Name Consultants

Procedure and Process in India

header photo


Name Change Procedure Consultants in Hyderabad Telangana and Andhra Pradesh, VLN Legal Services,a Lawyers Office at Hyderabad is providing legal services in making affidavits and documentations for legally change of  name according to law for the citizen of Hyderabad Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. The process in getting name change or name correction is three stages as prescribed below.  

The Procedure and Process for Change of Name is same and similar for the states Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.  The Gazette Publication for the State of Telangana is at Hyderabad and for Andhra Pradesh State is at Vijayawada.

Changing of Name procedure and process, now-a-days in Hyderabad Telangana many individuals are changing their names as per most latest trends, numerology, horoscope and other reasons. But regarding name correction in some cases names were entered in school records due to parental mistake, ID Proofs such as Aadhar Card, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Ration Card, Driving Licence, Property Documents and in other records errors, spelling mistakes, typographical errors or in other reasons, the procedure in correcting names is also same as Change of Name. Our associate lawyers are providing legal solution to our consultants or clients in getting  Changing of Name and Name Corrections.  Change of Name divided into four categories: viz., 1) Name Change for Majors,   2) Name Change for Minors,   3) Surname change for women after marriage,  4) Name Change for Telangana State or Andhra Pradesh State Government Employees.  The process is three stages except for Telangana State or Andhra Pradesh State Government Employees.

Name Change Procedure


PAN Card

Bank Account

Birth Certificate

Marriage Certificate

Aadhar Card

Voter ID

Ration Card

Driving Licence


Documentation for

Minors Name Change

Majors Name Change

Name Change for Women

Name Correction

Religion Change


Changing of Name Process in Hyderabad-Telangana & A.P.

1st Stage - Police Verification :

To get name change in Hyderabad Telangana and Andhra Pradesh you should not involve in any criminal offences or registered or pending criminal cases on your old name in any court of law.  So Police Verification Certificate is very much need to apply for change of name to Tahsildar/Executive Magistrate. For this you approach to your nearest Police Station or Commissioner of Police by way of Letter and self declaration Affidavit in minimum value of Non-Judicial Stamp Paper and Notarize it.  Along with Letter you enclose your all ID Proofs such as Aadhar Card, Ration Card, Voter ID, Passport, PAN Card etc., and SSC Memo for Date of Birth Proof, recent passport size photograph. and process fee.  After thorough investigation the police officials will give Verification Certificate if you are fit.

Note: Regarding Minors in most of the cases for the age group from 8 to 18 years the revenue officials are asking Police Verification to issue Change of Name i.e., Annexure-II Certificate.  For minors their parent or guardian should apply on behalf of minor.

2nd Stage - Annexure-II Certificate :

The content in Annexure-II Certificate reflects as declared or approved that you are recognized as Citizen of India.

To get Annexure-II Certificate, apply to Tahsildar-cum-Executive Magistrate of your Mandal or Taluka in the form of Annexure-I Application.  Along with this Application enclose Police Verification Certificate (original), Self Declaration Affidavit in minimum value of non-judicial stamp paper duly notarize, SSC Memo, all your ID Proofs such as Aadhar Card, Ration Card, Voter ID, Passport, PAN Card and recent passport size photograph etc.

The Tahsildar-cum-Executive Magistrate of your locality after thorough verification and investigation on the basis of information available in the application furnished by you and after inquiry and on the basis of the information available on records issue a change of name certificate  in the form of Annexure-II if you are fit.

Note: Regarding minors their parent or guardian should apply on behalf of minor child in the form of Annexure-III Application.

3rd Stage - Gazette Publication :

After getting Annexure-II Certificate publish in Telangana Gazette at Hyderabad where as for Andhra Pradesh Gazette at Vijayawada. Along with Annexure-II (original ) enclose all your ID Proofs such as Aadhar Card, Ration Card, Voter ID, Passport, PAN Card etc., and SSC Memo for Date of Birth Proof, Degree/PG Certificate, recent passport size photograph. and process fee by way of covering letter, specimen publication matter.  After thorough verification and scrutiny of all the above said documents your change of name will publish in Telangana Gazette at Hyderabad and for Andhra Pradesh Gazette at Vijayawada if Gazette Office may deems fit.  After getting this Publication Copy the process is completed.