Change of Name Consultants

Procedure and Process in India

header photo

Name Change for Women After Marriage

Change of Name in Certificates

The process to change the name is Publication in Gazette is final stage. After getting Gazette Publication copy you may change your name in above listed documents by producing copy of the gazette duly highlighting your name to the authorities concerned.  

But regarding educational certificates no need of change of your name in the certificates, wherever necessary you may simply enclose copy of gazette, the concerned officials automatically understand that yours is a change of name after finding your gazette.

Note: If already you have certificates with existing name, the concerned University/ Board/Institution in most of the cases cannot replace your name with New Name even if you produce Gazette Publication Copy.  But there is no any intention or contention for not replacing with new name. To maintain records that you have studied with the existing name, but for further studies and further job they may consider your new name through Gazette Publication. The Central Board of Secondary Education is allowing Change of Name through Gazette Publication by cut-off date.

For legal assistance to prepare Affidavits and other related documents to apply for Gazette for change or correction of names. Click on your category to fill-up the form and submit, we will prepare related documents basing on the information you provide in the respective form. Service Charges Rs.500/- for documentation.

Name Change in Hyderabad

Name Change in Telangana

Name Change in Andhra Pradesh

After Religion Change

Name Change for Minors

Name Correction

After Marriage for Women

Gazette Publication

Birth Certificate

Name Change Procedure in India

Name Change Procedure in India, change of name and correction of name are almost one category and to change or to rectify the wrong entries in certificates or ID proofs or in other documents or numerology reasons of name the process is same. ID Proofs showing multiple residences will not entertain to consider for changing of name. All ID Proofs must show same address. The process is very sensitive and legally effective procedure, so the information should give carefully. Here the procedure is giving in accordance with Central Government process to publish in Gazette of India. To prepare affidavit in minimum value of stamp paper and other required documents better to approach a lawyer, so that the documents will reflect legal manner. The legal procedure and process for getting change of name is as stated below.

The process to change name is preparation of affidavit and other required documents, giving classified-ad in newspaper subsequently publish in gazette.

1st STAGE:  Prepare an Affidavit in minimum value of non-judicial stamp paper worth atleast Rs.20/- and purchase it with existing name.. The content in the affidavit includes present name/existing name, father's/husband's name, age, occupation, residential address as in your ID Proofs, New Name and reason to change your name.  After fulfill all formalities sign at deponent and notarize it with Public Notary.

Other required documents to prepare: 1. Letter to the Editor of Newspaper requesting to publish classified-ad under the caption of Change of Name.  In this letter write the Publication Matter:  2. Specific Publication Matter two copies along with two witnesses, name, addresses, mobile number with signature  of witnesses must require in the specimen publication matter: 3. Declaration Certificate: 4. Request Letter to Gazette of India to publish in Gazette of India.. 

2nd STAGE:  A Classified Ad in local newspaper under the caption of 'Change of Name',  The publication matter should be with your present name, father's name, occupation, address, new name and reason to change name.   A letter to the Editor of Newspaper along with Xerox Copy of Affidavit should require to submit for classified-ad.

3rd  STAGE:  Publish in Gazette of India.  Request Letter to to publish the Publication Matter mentioned in Specimen Publication Matter.  Along with this letter submit Original Affidavit, Original Newspaper Name Change Classified-Ad total page, Specimen Publication Matter along with two witnesses, CD containing publication matter without witnesses portion, Declaration Certificate by stating that the soft copy and hard copy of publication matter are same and similar, Publication Fee by way of DD or Postal Order, Two photos with self attestation and xerox copies of Photo ID Proofs with self-attestation and xerox copies of educational certificates if required with self-attestation may submit to the Controller of Publications, Department of Publications, Civil Lines, Delhi-110054..

Name Correction Procedure in India

Correction of name is, if the name and father's name or mother's name or husband's name  or wife's name of a person is wrongly entered in school records, ID Proofs or in other documents, to rectify the mistake or make corrections in the name in those documents the procedure and process is some what different than Change of Name.

Right from the beginning everybody should maintain name & surname and father's name or mother's name or husband's name for women  and  wife's name for men should be same and similar till completion of their studies in the educational documents and in ID Proofs such as Voter ID, PAN Card, Passport, Driving Licence, Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate and in other related documents. But in some cases, the name may not entered properly in certificates and ID Proofs etc. For e.g. in SSC Memo the name printed with surname where as in Intermediate or Graduation Certificates the surname printed only with initial letter.  Likewise, in some documents the name may print with full name and in some documents the name print with stands for letters (e.g. Veeraboina Lakshmi Narasimha Prasad  =  VLN Prasad ).  This is not the proper way in entering the name in educational documents or in ID Proofs. Nowadays most of the people are not taking care in getting those documents with their name properly.

To rectify these type of wrongly entered mistakes in the said documents by bringing all these to the notice of government and public simultaneously by announcing your actual name, surname, father's name, mother's name, husband's name or wife's name  is to publish in the Gazette is the solution.  The government has provided a relief and legal solution to make corrections for these types of mistakes through Publication of Gazette.  By getting the gazette copy you may proceed with your actual name or correct name.

With the Gazette Publication Copy you may correct your wrongly entered/printed name, father's name, mother's name, husband's name or wife's name  in  Passport, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Voter ID, etc. Regarding Educational Certificates you need not to make corrections and if necessary you may tag/enclose the gazette copy, the concerned authorities will automatically understand your's is a correction of name or change of name.

VLN Legal Services is providing legal solution and services in preparing documents, affidavits etc., to process in getting Gazette Publication.

Name Change Procedure in India

Name Change for Minors

To change the name or minors or to making corrections in their school records and other relevant documents, who is not completed 18 years of age should apply their parents. The father or mother should give affidavit and other connected documents to publish in Gazette.

Change of Name after Religion Change:
In some cases, if a man or woman will convert from existing religion to some other religion before the priest of respective religion and at the same time the priest may mostly change his/her name according to respective religious customs.
Gazette Publication:
An official government journal containing government appointments, promotions, public notices and announcements etc.

In some cases, if a man or woman will convert from existing religion to some other religion before the priest of respective religion and at the same time the priest may mostly change his/her name according to respective religious customs, read more

Name Change Consultants in India

Home   |  Procedure  |   Passport   |    PAN Card   |  Aadhar Card  |  After Marriage  |  Contact  |