Name Change Procedure in India, the Process of Change of Name and correction of name both are almost same and similar procedure to apply for Gazette Publication. The Change of Name or to rectify the mistakes or wrong entries occurred in ID Proofs, educational certificates, property documents or in any other documents and by numerology reasons the procedure and process is same.
The address in all your ID Proofs should be same, if the ID Proofs showing multiple residential addresses will not consider for process. So the address should be same in all ID Proofs. So the Name Change Process is legally effective and very sensitive, so the particulars of information regarding certificates, ID Proofs or other related documents must give carefully. Here the process of name change procedure is giving in accordance with the Director of Printing, Department of Publications, Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs, Government of India.
The Name Change Procedure and Process is Three Stages:
Prepare one self declaration affidavit in a minimum value of non-judicial stamp paper/bond paper. Affidavit should contain your name, father’s/husband’s name, age, occupation, address, proposed new name and reason to change your name or make corrections in the existing name by duly notarize it from a public notary. Take one xerox copy of the affidavit to give ad in newspaper.
Stage-2: Notice in Newspaper
Prepare a Request Letter to the Editor of any national or local newspaper requesting them to publish notice of ‘Change of Name-ad’ under the caption of Change of Name. Publication Matter should contain your old name, father/husband’s name, your occupation, present residential address as in your ID Proof and Proposed New Name.
Stage-3: Gazette Notification
The third stage is Gazette Notification, apply by way of request letter to publish your change of name in Gazette of India along with the following documents:
- Specific Publication Matter with two witnesses
- Affidavit in Minimum Value of Stamp Paper duly Notarize
- Ad in Newspaper enclose original copy of Newspaper
- Compact Disc by copying the Publication Matter
- Declaration Certificate
- Demand Draft
- Xerox copies of Educational Certificates if any duly self attestation
- Xerox copies of ID Proofs duly self attestation
- Two Pass Size Photographs with signature on front side
may send/submit to The Controller of Publications, Department of Publications, Civil Lines, Delhi-110054.
For preparation of related documents better to contact a legal practitioner, so that the documents will reflect legal manner. After getting Gazette Publication you may change your name in all ID Proofs and other required documents if any. Gazette is a legal document, but not a certificate.
- Surname Change for Women after Marriage
- Surname Change for Divorced Women After Re-marry
- Surname Change for Widow After Re-marry
- Name Change after Religion Change
- Father Name Change for Children widow after re-marry
- Father Name Change for Children Divorced Woman after remarry